Alan Colmes Is Awesome And 5 Other Things We Learned Today
By Out.com Editors
1. Relatively liberal Fox News commentator Alan Colmes used a radio interview to asked anti-gay Evangelical leader Bryan Fischer whether he has experienced the gay impulses he claims all men and women experience. Fischer wouldn't say, but did remark, "Everybody experiences sexual impulses that if they acted on those impulses, it would destroy them," to which Colmes replied, "I don't think I've ever had sexual impulses that would destroy the society or the culture or make me a deviant in some way. I honestly don't think that's ever happened…" Awesome.
2. Breitbart.com, the right-wing website started by late rabble-rouser Andrew Breitbart, is joining a chorus of wingnuts trying to claim that Adolf Hitler was gay.
4. The NYPD arrested two men for their role in an attack on two gay men in Manhattan, near the 33rd Street PATH train station. This is a separate attack than another anti-gay attack outside neighboring Madison Square Garden.
5. With its spire in place, the new World Trade Center is now 1,776, making it the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere.
6. Filmmakers received some interesting responses after asking people who think gays are made, not born, when they decided to be straight. Lesson learned?