Let the Gayming Begin!
By Out.com Editors
Remember Gaymer X, the LGBT gaming convention that raised funds for its inaugural event this August in San Francisco?
Apparently some documentary filmmakers caught wind of the convention and the myriad LGBT gaming issues that it raises and decided to make a documentary about the homophobia, exclusion, and possibilities that queer gamers face online.
The documentary is called Gaming in Color and it features Gaymer X organizers as well as other LGBT gamers talking about why gaming companies need to acknowledge their LGBT consumers.
It's actually a revolutionary idea when you think about how much social media and TV entertainment overlaps with gaming these days. In an age where you can invite friends to join gaming communities and where mobile dating apps and reality TV shows all depend on social media, more and more companies could profit from developing LGBT characters, storylines, and gaming options.
Anyway, Gaming in Color is about $10,000 short of its fundraising goal, and they only have less than three days to go. Take a look at their Kickstarter trailer below; if you can, chip in a few bucks and spread the word.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series