White House Praises Jason Collins And 5 Other Things We Learned Today
By Out.com Editors
1. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney says of Jason Collins, "We commend him for his courage and support him in his effort." In case you weren't paying attention, Collins is the first pro and active sports star to come out of the closet.
2. Looking at the statistics of 33-35-year old free agent NBA centers getting court time, Nate Silver figured that Jason Collins, currently being celebrated by all sorts of athletes, has about a 61% chance of playing b-ball now that he has come out.
3. A Google employee got some help from his coworkers when it came time to propose to his boyfriend.
5. X-Factor, the excellent X-Men spin-off that features gay couple Rictor and Shatterstar and written by Peter David, has been cancelled.
6. This trailer for Guillermo Del Toro's Pacific Rim may not be what you're thinking.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever