Maryland Rings in New Year With Same-Sex Weddings
By Out.com Editors
James Scales and William Tasker (pictured) were among seven couples married at Baltimore City Hall, according to the Associated Press. Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake performed the ceremony for the couple; Scales has worked for the mayor’s office for 25 years. “It’s just so hard to believe it’s happening,” Scales said. The two men have been together for 35 years.
Helene Coccagna and Sara Davis were marrying in a private ceremony at midnight. The two women, together for 12 years, had worked to legalize same-sex marriage in the state. “You might think that things aren’t possible, but you know if you work on it things can become possible,” Coccagna told Baltimore’s ABC TV affiliate before the ceremony.
Watch the video of the couple below:
- A GAY LOVE LETTER TO JAMES FRANCO
- WATCH: Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game
- Gay Power - Top 50 Most Powerful Gay People of 2013
- Chris Tyler's Pop Culture Obsession With Blowjobs, Gaga & TRL Is Changing the Face of Drag
- Fund This: EastSiders Launches Kickstarter Campaign For Second Season
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki