Kathy Griffin Does More Than Make Anderson Cooper Giggle
By Jerry Portwood
The campy duo of Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper have performed their gay-straight pantomime for the past few year's during CNN's New Year's Eve live coverage. In 2009, Griffin dropped the F bomb and made the smutty “knock dicks out of your mouth” comment. Last year she attempted to strip down to her underwear. Through it all Cooper giggled with glee. Well, it seems Griffin outdid herself Tuesday night when she directly referenced his junk on-air and later attempted to simulate oral sex on her now openly gay best friend.
As the NY Daily News reports of the live broadcast, "Anderson cut to a live report by correspondent Gary Tuchman from Eastport, Maine, where the town's custom is to kiss a sculpture of an 8-foot sardine that drops from the top of a building." When the camera cut back to Cooper and Griffin, she was trying to kiss Cooper's crotch.
"Did you drop something," he asked.
“No, I was kissing your sardine,” she answered.
Griffin was obviously looking for a bit. And she got it. And Anderson filled the awkward moments with his signature giggling. Now, the big question: will this finally be the moment that CNN no longer invites Griffin back? Watch the clip below:
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models