Breakfast at Tiffany's Update: Cory Michael Smith Will Star as Fred
By Jerry Portwood
Cory Michael Smith was the adorable Mormon boy in this year's wonderful Off-Broadway production of The Whale from gay playwright Samuel D. Hunter. Before that he wowed audiences and critics as the conflicted gay lover in Cock, who had sex with a woman and then told his male partner about it, which created the play's conflict. Now he's ready for his big Broadway breakthrough and will star as the Fred to Emilia "Mother of Dragon's" Clarke’s Holly Golightly in the world premiere of Tony Award-winning playwright Richard Greenberg’s new play, Truman Capote’s Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
We hadn't heard much about the play after Clarke was announced. But now we know that the new stage adaption of Capote’s classic novella, directed by Sean Mathias, will begin performances at Broadway’s Cort Theatre on Monday, March 4 and officially open on Wednesday, March 20.
For more information visit the show's website.
- Culture Wars: Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists?
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection