There's a Little Poodle In Everyone
By Joseph Alexiou
Who would have guess that Honey Boo Boo could surpass the role of little more than an embarassing cultural meme, running around high on a dangerous level of sugar. The fact is that nobody could possibly have guessed that we'd learn from her, and it's music to our ears:
"Everybody's a little gay."
That's right in the season finale of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Sugar Bear's younger brother, Lee shows up. They call him "Uncle Poodle" because anyone, according to mama Alana, is a "poodle." We fully admit poodles are among the gayest of dogs.
They immediately and unabashedly introduce him as gay (the follow-up clip of him swatting his hands around and saying "Damn Gnats!" is admittedly hilarious), and in a totally harmless fashion they celebrate his gayness as a positive and even fabulous thing, albeit vaguely stereotypical (I mean, we're talking about Honey Boo Boo).
But while wisdom of Honey Boo Boo is right below, but the best full clip of the episode can be found on Gawker.
Who would thunk? That Honey Boo Boo would inspire hope for America and its level of tolerance. Amazing.
See the clip below:
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Martha Stewart’s Sex Tips Are As Good Her Baking Tips