Guide to Recognizing Your Wallflowers: Patrick
By Chanelle Berlin Johnson
PATRICK IS... A high school senior and Sam’s stepbrother. Patrick has a secret but it isn’t that he’s gay.
CLASSIC QUOTE: "You ever think, Charlie, that our group is the same as any other group like the football team? And the only real difference between us is what we wear and why we wear it? Well, I think it’s all bullshit."
ACTOR: Ezra Miller
ACTOR'S AGE: 19
BEST KNOWN FOR: Miller’s had recurring roles on both Californication and Royal Pains, and he did some time in indie teen flicks like Beware the Gonzo. But he earned the most critical acclaim for his role as Tilda Swinton’s sociopath son in 2011’s We Need to Talk About Kevin.
Miller is the drummer for a band called Sons of an Illustrious Father. The female-fronted folk band has edged closer to loud rock as the songwriting has gotten more intense over the years.
Check out this band interview:
And a performance by the band:
If you’ve got half a day to lose, search his name at Tumblr and enter a vortex full of his modeling pictures (and the fans who love him).
NEXT UP: Miller’s preparing to explore 19th-century infidelity alongside Mia Wasikowska and Paul Giamatti for next year’s adaptation of Madame Bovary.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Out Magazine - Gay & Lesbian Travel, Fashion, Culture & Politics