Brett Easton Ellis Turns to Kickstarter
By Jerry Portwood
We told you that Kickstarter was helping indie filmmakers make their movie fantasies into reality. And we knew that Brett Easton Ellis was trying to get porn star James Deen into his Paul Schrader-penned flick. But we didn't expect that Ellis and Schrader would be turning to the popular crowdsourcing site to fund their independent film.
Vulture reports that they're trying to raise $100,000 for The Canyons, which "documents five twenty-something's quest for power, love, sex and success in 2012 Hollywood," according to their Kickstarter page.
Interested? Well, they're also casting it online, and they're offering "backers" everything from a vote in the casting process ($10) to a pitch meeting ($500) to full-on notes on your script or novel ($5,000). Maybe your credit card hasn't been maxed out quite yet? This is your chance!
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'