By Out.com Editors
The moment Mondo Guerra told Heidi Klum and the judges about his inspiration for his personal print design on Season 8 of Project Runway had us in tears. His coming out on national television as HIV-positive was truly inspirational and one of the most memorable moments in the series's history—especially since moving to Lifetime.
Now Mondo, the little guy with the kooky clothes and a super talent for mixing prints for maximum effect, is back on the network's latest iteration, Project Runway All Stars—as the only true star of the show.
He spoke with Neal Boverman in the latest issue of HIV Plus magazine about his role as an activist, among other things.
As Boverman explains, "Guerra’s decision to put himself out there as a face and voice of HIV was not taken lightly. He knows he’ll likely be referred to as 'the HIV-positive designer' for the foreseeable future, but the reception he received after season 8 touched him deeply."
- Guy-on-Guy Action
- Decorate Your Christmas Tree With Shirtless Mermen Ornaments
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome
- The SAG Awards' Queer Quotient
- Nashville's Chris Carmack on Playing Gay Country Singer Will Lexington
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?