By Out.com Editors
The moment Mondo Guerra told Heidi Klum and the judges about his inspiration for his personal print design on Season 8 of Project Runway had us in tears. His coming out on national television as HIV-positive was truly inspirational and one of the most memorable moments in the series's history—especially since moving to Lifetime.
Now Mondo, the little guy with the kooky clothes and a super talent for mixing prints for maximum effect, is back on the network's latest iteration, Project Runway All Stars—as the only true star of the show.
He spoke with Neal Boverman in the latest issue of HIV Plus magazine about his role as an activist, among other things.
As Boverman explains, "Guerra’s decision to put himself out there as a face and voice of HIV was not taken lightly. He knows he’ll likely be referred to as 'the HIV-positive designer' for the foreseeable future, but the reception he received after season 8 touched him deeply."
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It