In honor of our June/July Hot List issue, we asked a few of our celebrity friends to tell us what they're most looking forward to this summer. First up is Brooke Elliott, star of Lifetime's Drop Dead Diva, which also features Margaret Cho and this season will include guest spots from Leann Rimes, Wendy Williams, and others:
1. I hope to have the opportunity to read quite a bit after Drop Dead Diva wraps. I’m most looking forward to reading Tina Fey’s, Bossy Pants. I think she is one of the funniest women on television and I admire her talent and her strength.
2. I’m really looking forward to doing some traveling. I haven’t nailed down a destination as of yet, but I’ve always dreamt of Italy so maybe this will be the summer for it.
3. This summer I’m very excited to catch up on all my favorite TV shows that I’ve missed while shooting Season 3 of Drop Dead Diva. The Office and Modern Family are two of my absolute favorites. I’ve also been hearing great things about a show called Justified, so I’m really looking forward to checking that out.
4. I can’t wait until I head back to L.A. to go to my favorite sushi restaurant, Chiba’s. It’s in the Valley and the sushi is fantastic.
5. With my love for musical theater and my Broadway roots, it’s hard for me that I don’t get to catch many shows while I’m working. This summer I’ll be hitting all the Broadway shows I’ve wanted to see in NYC.
The third season of Drop Dead Diva premieres Sunday, June 19 at 9/8c on Lifetime. For more info on the show, click here.
To see Out's 2011 Summer Hot List featuring Jessie J, Snooki, the stars of the new musical Tales Of The City, and more, click here.
Previously > Chatter: Glee's Dianna Agron Supporting LGBT Pride