Homo Nightmare on Elm Street 2
By Nick Stergiopoulos
In this great new video, the cast and crew of A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 finally acknowledge the obvious -- that the film is really really gay. At the time, though, director Jack Sholder had no idea that what he was directing was so blatantly homo -- not even the S&M scene, the ridiculous dancing, the jock strap or Jesse's request to sleep with Grady, not to mention the campiest, biggest homo of all the horror movie monsters -- Freddy Krueger.
"We made Nightmare 2 absolutely clueless that it had any gay overtones whatsoever," says Sholder. "But looking back, it was so gay, it was amazing! All I can say is we were all incredibly naive, or all incredibly latently gay."
Previously > First Look: A Nightmare on Elm Street
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know