Chatter: Ricky Martin
By Noah Michelson
"I hear the world "tolerance" thrown around in the media when it comes
to cases like the ones I mentioned above. One of the meanings of
tolerance is "the capacity to endure pain or hardship." Another is "the
act of allowing something." To me, those don't seem to encompass
acceptance, by any definition. So how about this? Instead of saying "we
need to tolerate diversity" why not say, "we need to accept diversity."
-- Singer Ricky Martin rallying against hate crimes and homophobia in a statement he released earlier this month.
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower