Gaga's Old Band Tells All! (er, Some)
By Jessanne Collins
Last week some old* videos of the Artist Who Would Eventually Become Known as Lady Gaga surfaced online. But for each question the footage answered (so that's what that peace sign tattoo is all about), it raised two more. Like, who are those hotties in that backup band and what are they doing now? This week the New York Observer tracked down the trio that once constituted a majority share of the Stefani Germanotta Band to find out where they landed after the Haus of Gaga careened off to Oz:
"She was very bubbly, very eccentric, very driven," remembers guitarist Calvin Pia, now of the band Akudama. "The high art thing? I did not see any hints of that!" Interrrrrrrresting. And the kicker: "I tried calling her once when she started blowing up, but her number had changed."
*in dog years anyway
Previously > Lady Gaga Reaches Her Boiling Point
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection