The cast of Hair will play hooky to support gay marriage
By Noah Michelson
As if we didn't already love Gavin Creel, we've just learned that the Tony-nominated actor convinced the producers of the mega-successful Broadway revival of Hair to cancel the October 11 show so that the cast and crew could attend the National Equality March for gay marriage in Washington D.C. The move shows an amazing dedication to the gay marriage cause seeing as Hair is one of the top grossing productions currently playing on the Great White Way, averaging over a million dollars a week. If you have tickets to Hair that Sunday, worry not, they'll issue you a refund -- and you can join the March in D.C. instead.
We'd like to officially propose all of Broadway -- and Off Broadway -- follows the hippies of Hair's lead and considers going dark on October 11 to show their solidarity. The Little Mermaid, Mary Poppins, and all those other queens can take a night off so that we can get some equal rights up in here.
Previously > Puppetry of the Penis Returns!
- A Brief History of 'Same Love'
- WATCH: Bway's Nick Adams in his Pajamas in 'Christmas With the Skivvies'
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Warwick Rowers: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome
- Macklemore And Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations