Shopping with Leigh Bowery
By Nick Burns
Photo: Getty Images
If you don't know the 80s legend of Leigh Bowery, the "performance artist, alternative model, fashion designer, make up artist, contemporary dancer, TV commercial star, artist muse, club promoter, band member, singer, musician, video star and living art installation" who inspired Boy George's Broadway show Taboo, here's your chance to witness his bizarre fabulousness in action.
Aaron Hicklin, Out's fearless leader, exhumed this clip of Bowery shopping in London from the bowels of the internet. The clip originally aired on the BBC's "Clothes Show," which Hicklin remembers as an early evening fun for the whole family program.
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series