Pranking Politicians in Style
By Nick Burns
Photo: Getty Images
Radar reports that the outgoing evil mastermind Karl Rove (thank the lord he's leaving) fell victim to a not-so-vicious prank of vandalism. Well, his Jaguar fell victim anyway. It appears, that while Rove took a little sea cruise with the President, someone wrapped his car in plastic wrap, mounted two stuffed eagles on the trunk, stuck an "I Love Obama" sticker on the windshield and covered a few windows in fluorescent sticky notes.
Why didn't anyone think of this sooner?
Stylewise, I must point out the brilliant use of sticky notes in what looks like fluorescent shades of yellow, pink and blue, colors that are so de rigeur since the '80s are back in a huge way this season. The eagles give a "pro-eagle" kind of animal rights statement that Stella McCartney would approve. And while the cellophane is reminiscent of Miu Miu's sheer womens wear for Fall, I think the bandits should have chosen to wrap the car in Damien Hirst's skull wallpaper, Burberry's iconic check or at least a few hundred Hillary '08 stickers. At least that would block out the light, which I hear vampires don't like so much.
Now where is Condoleezza's car?
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection