Ghosts of the Bathhouse
The New Yorker brings us this fascinating dispatch on the Loehmann's that just opened up on Manhattan's Upper West Side. It's on the site of the old Continental Baths, "where Bette Midler got her start (clothed), singing torch songs
poolside, accompanied by Barry Manilow, to an audience of men wearing
So how does the new discount clothing shop measure up?
"The new branch has more than twenty private dressing rooms, but it has
kept a communal room, too. Fred Forcellati, the store’s advertising and
creative director, says, 'The older customer prefers the shared
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series