The 50 Songs of Summer: 2013
By Jason Lamphier
June is hot on our heels, and that means three things: longer days, shorter Fridays, and big, BIG tunes. With a handful of much-hyped albums still on their way (Kanye, Beyoncé, where y'at?), it may be too soon to forecast who will have this year’s “Umbrella” or “Call Me Maybe.” But in the meantime, we present to you our comprehensive summer soundtrack. From the pensive to the pulsing to the irresistibly poppy, these are the songs we’ll be piping through our speakers nonstop for the next three months.
Like disco? Try Daft Punk’s fabulously chic (and Chic-ly fabulous) “Get Lucky.” Miss the old Madonna? Check out Club 8’s “Holiday”-meets-the-Cardigans anthem “I’m Not Gonna Grow Old.” Looking for a dirty, sweaty garage-punk meltdown? Give Deerhunter’s “Monomania” a spin. Prefer a good old fashioned diva wail? Demi Lovato’s here to give you a “Heart Attack.”
With this massive 50-track Spotify playlist, we’ve got you covered. So press play and enjoy!
If you don’t have Spotify get it today. It’s as easy as slapping on SPF.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It