WATCH: Mika Wants To 'Make You Happy'
By Peter Frost
Well, long time, no see, Mika!
Since the release of 2009's The Boy Who Knew Too Much, the pop star's kept a relatively low profile, working hard on new material for his next album. Today, he released a song and video from the sessions, revealing a new sound and direction for the singer/songwriter.
The track, titled “Make You Happy,” features an embrace of Auto-Tune and a sound more akin to Daft Punk than Freddy Mercury.
Mika, who is currently in the process of recording for his third studio album The Origin of Love (due out sometime this fall), decided to release the song early, saying, “This is not a single, but a song I love and wanted to share with you.”
The video, which was shot in Montreal by the singer and filmmaker Louri Philippe Paillé, features various couples gallivanting, dancing, drinking, and having a gay ol’ time.
Watch the video below:
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Good Morning, Juan Betancourt!
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Olympic Diver Tom Daley Comes Out