Tom Lenk And Joss Whedon Dish About Their Man Crushes
By Alex Panisch
Pictured: Tom Lenk (left) and Nathan Fillion in 'Much Ado About Nothing'
For many younger queer kids, Tom Lenk (a.k.a. Andrew from Buffy) was the first man to ever make us feel funny in that special way. When he graced the screen on Joss Whedon’s seminal show Buffy the Vampire Slayer we swooned—admit it, you did.
By now, Whedon (who also directed last year's blockbuster Avengers and the hilarious Cabin in the Woods starring Chris Hemsworth) is secure as a geek god, whose work has some of the most fervent and devoted fans this side of a Justin Beiber concert. With so many of his pals from the Whedonverse attached to his fun film adaptation of the Shakespeare comedy, Much Ado About Nothing—including the another gay heartthrob, Sean Maher (who discussed how Whedon wanted a sexy villain for the film)—Lenk and Whedon recently sat down to discuss the new film for The Advocate.
The conversation began a bit off-point, but in the best way. We learned that staring down the barrel of a Jimmy Fallon interview, Whedon is “scared like a little girl—and not a brave little girl like the ones I write about. I’m nervous as fuck about it.”
The Firefly creator also mentioned that “there are some extraordinarily gorgeous men” in his Shakespeare adaption, but there is really only one: Lenk’s ‘stache. While Lenk’s onset man crush was Nathan Fillion, Whedon’s all about Reed Diamond.
Check out the full interview with The Advocate to learn more.
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'