The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
By Andrew Belonsky
18. Taxi zum Klo (Taxi to the Toilet) - Dir. Frank Ripplah, 1980
"There's an encounter in Taxi zum Klo between director-star Frank Ripploh and his real-life lover, Bernd Broaderup. It was the first sex scene I'd ever seen that combined hotness, narrative necessity, a dom/sub dynamic, and the ineffable sweetness that comes only from a real relationship. It as the seed for Shortbus."
—John Cameron Mitchell, filmmaker, 'Shortbus' and 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'
19. Contracorriente (Undertow) - Dir. Javier Fuentes-León, 2009
A complex tale of acceptance and rejection, this Peruvian film contains a plethora of sex scenes between fisherman Miguel and artist Santiago, who pursue a forbidden relationship that blurs the line between life and death. Of all those moments, it’s their encounter in an oceanside cave that marks the film’s sexiest scene.
20. Y Tu Mamá También - Dir. Alfonso Cuarón, 2001
Gael García Bernal and Diego Luna capture the potent curiosity of two men questioning their sexual allegiances in Cuarón’s skin-filled, Oscar-nominated film. The pinnacle of their ambiguous relationship, a halting, yet charged, drunken kiss, changes them forever.
21. Yossi & Jagger - Dir. Eytan Fox, 2002
Two Israeli soldiers are marching through the snow. They wrestle to the ground. One reveals he’s naked beneath his army-issued jumper. The other accepts the implicit invitation and they go at it as a rabbit watches. This scene from the tense Israeli military love story is pure slice of fantasy, heightened by its forbidden nature.
22. Velvet Goldmine - Dir. Todd Haynes, 1998
Glam rock drama Velvet Goldmine is rife with sex, including Ewan McGregor locking lips with Jonathan Rhys Meyers and engaging Christian Bale in an out-of-this-world romp in a moon crater. There’s no one sexiest scene here; just unadulterated exploration and its climactic consequences.
23. La Ley del Deseo (Law of Desire) - Dir. Pedro Almodóvar, 1987
"The last five minutes of Pedro Almodovar's Law of Desire with the unbelievably sweet and sexy, pre-Hollywood Antonio Banderas is one of the reasons I became a film director and big believer in true love."
—Eytan Fox, filmmaker, 'Yossi & Jagger and 'The Bubble'
La ley del deseo (fanvideo) from SpanishalRojoLGTB on Vimeo.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- The 15 Sexiest Red-Haired Men