These Charming Men: Samuel Barnett
By Out.com Editors
Photography by Samuel Bradley / Styling by Kyran Low
You Know Him From: His breakout role as Posner in The History Boys; channeling Simon Doonan in Beautiful People; and more recently playing Daniel Stroud in the BBC’s bitingly funny satire, Twenty Twelve, about hapless organizers of the London Olympics.
What’s Next: His ongoing role as Queen Elizabeth in Tim Carroll’s hit all-male production of Shakespeare’s Richard III at London’s Globe Theater.
“I come from a divorced family -- we’re all great now, but it threw me off-center. That, I think, more than anything, has affected my life, and maybe for the better, because it’s made me look outside my life. I don’t know where I might be now if my parents hadn’t divorced -- I might never have made the effort to feel better about myself, or leave home. It’s oddly less about sexuality and more about being a human being -- what it is to be in this world and experience pain and experience happiness and take it all as it comes.”
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection