Will X-Men be the Next Gay Comic Wedding to Watch Out For?
By Joshua Gardner
Comics have always offered a wealth of alternative lifestyles in different galaxies, universes, and various other planes of existence. But there has largely remained in the comic world an adamantium ceiling, if you will.
We’re talking about equal marriage in the comic book world, of course.
But things seem to be improving.
Just this past January, Life With Archie #16 saw the blissful union of two out and proud gay characters, Kevin and Clay. And then something surprising happened: the issue sold out.
Now, rumor has it the next mutant marriage in the X-Men world will be between lightning fast French Canadian ski enthusiast Northstar and his boyfriend Kyle. This according to the site Newsarama after Marvel teased that a big marriage will take place in June’s Astonishing X-Men #51.
The X-Men have, for a long time, been suggested to parallel the gay experience: they are marginalized, feared, and sometimes hated in their world. And now, as our country inches its way towards equality, the X-Men universe might take a big step forward, too!
Here’s hoping it does! And Northstar, can you give Wolverine our number?
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- James Franco's Hardcore Interior. Leather Bar Hits Cinemas