Archie Gay Wedding Cover Revealed
By Mike Berlin
Check out this cover from the heavily anticipated Life With Archie gay wedding! Gay soldier Kevin Keller, whose character's introduction in the Veronica series was the first-ever Archie comic to sell out last September, will be tying the knot with handsome beau, Clay Walker, in early 2012.
"We wanted to focus on telling the story of how these two characters met and decided to get married," said Archie Comics Co-CEO Jon Goldwater to Comics Alliance, "and how that, in turn, tied into the lives the other Archie characters were living in this future timeline."
Though the comic is geared toward a young, less mature audience, the wedding (and Kevin and Clay's developing married life together) will not skirt key issues that affect the gay community at large. "This story touches upon a number of topical issues," said Goldwater, "including DADT, gay marriage and really connects with my over-arching message about Riverdale: It's a safe place that is welcoming to everyone, and will always be that."
Just one more thing—is Betty wearing a sleeveless burnt umber turtleneck to the wedding? Bold!
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- How Monogamy Can Work For Two Men
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series