The Gay Agenda
By Joseph Hassan
Wednesday, September 17: If you're in the mood for something complex and provocative, pick up a copy of Smile as They Bow by Nu Nu Yi, one of Burma's most critically acclaimed authors. In her latest novel (out on Hyperion Books), Yi tackles the concept of love across genders, spinning the tale of a transgender medium and the young girl who falls under her spell. Says Out book critic Emily Drabinski: 'Set against the backdrop of one of Myanmar's largest spirit festivals, Smile, censored for 12 years by the Burmese government, gives Western readers a rare glimpse of this largely hidden and fascinating culture.'
Thursday, September 18: There's nothing small about Smallville, the CW hit series that enters its eighth season tonight. The show -- in case you don't know by now -- is a modern retelling of the Superman legend, featuring all the classic comic-book characters. In addition to the addicting storyline, the cast is hot, hot, hot. Clark Kent is played by the lovely Tom Welling, and dreamy Justin Hartley returns as the Green Arrow. Other sexy superheroes to watch out for: the Black Canary (Alaina Huffman), Aquaman (Alan Ritchson), and the Martian Manhunter (Phil Morris). Catch Smallville tonight at 8:00 PM EST, and grab more details here from the CW.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series