Once is Not Enough
By Shana Naomi Krochmal
When you're on set, does it in fact feel like the gayest show on television?
Well, no, because there's Queer As Folk and The L Word.
So as long as no one's having sex it's not quite as gay as it could be.
I was sitting at the GLAAD awards this year with everyone from Greek, and then everybody from Ugly Betty came in, and I'm listening to the nominees and thinking, 'Well, Greek doesn't really have chance. Brothers and Sisters is a really good show -- and they're having a marriage.' But then I thought, 'The L Word -- it's actually gay.' When Brothers and Sisters won, I thought, 'Wow, I don't know if I necessarily agree.'
Did you see the big gay commitment ceremony episode?
Yeah, I did. I thought it was great. Matthew Rhys is a really unbelievable actor.
If you could be on that show, what kind of character would you want to be?
I would be that new brother that they're looking for, Ryan.
Wow, that would be perfect.
And in the finale they were like, there was a boy! And let me tell you -- I called my agent first thing on Monday morning and was like, 'Get me onto it.'
Then you'd totally have the triple crown of gay ABC shows.
I'm telling you, I would be the belle of the ball at the GLAAD awards.
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models