The Gay Agenda
By Peter Schaus
Page-turner: Superheroes have always been like that pal of yours who quotes Showgirls constantly but swears he's straight. Superman's X-ray vision seems primed for late-night cruising in Chelsea, Spiderman shoots sticky goo at his foes, and Wonder Woman wears chunky bracelets'the evidence is there, but no one cops to it. Thankfully, you can check out Perry Moore's young-adult novel Hero, which features one of the very first openly gay superheroes.
Scene: To kick off New York City's Fall Fashion Week, Radio City will host the star-studded Second Annual Fashion Rocks concert. Celebrating that ever-important bond between music and couture, the event's lineup includes Alicia Keys, Gwen Stefani, David Bowie, Duran Duran, and Destiny's Child (gasp!'in their last live performance as a group). The burning question: Will we spot any resentful looks aimed at Beyonc'? For tickets (and you'd better hurry), visit TicketMaster.com.
Game: Whether you're a seasoned swinger or a clumsy novice, we strongly suggest hitting up Cape Cod, Mass., where you can indulge your inner WASPiness and participate in the Provincetown Open, a tournament that hosts all divisions in men's singles and doubles. For more information, check out ProvincetownTennis.com.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series