Before They Were �Gay�
By Out.com Editors
This year�s Oscar noms singled out several outstanding thespians who played gay. Shockingly, none of them are gay, and all of them can successfully play heterosexuals too. It�s called�acting!
Heath Ledger, nominated for his portrayal of a tight-lipped, repressed man-lover in Brokeback Mountain, plays a perpetually unzipped lover of women in the title role in Casanova.
Jake Gyllenhaal also got his Oscar nod for Brokeback, but was a (hetero) lovestruck lad in Moonlight Mile and a stargazing teenager in October Sky.
Felicity Huffman garnered her nom for being a woman playing an MTF transgender female in Transamerica. Before that, she played a leggy producer in the short-lived but much-loved Sports Night, and, of course, one of the Desperate Housewives.
Philip Seymour Hoffman could take home the gold for playing the title role in Capote, but he�s played straight, gay, surly, and friendly in everything from Magnolia to Boogie Nights and beyond.
Charlize Theron already won for playing a lesbian serial killer in Monster and this year could win again for playing a miner, who her coworkers probably thought was a lesbian.
- Quote of the Day: Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out