Dharun Ravi Found Guilty of Some Counts in Rutgers Cyber-bullying Trial
By Jerry Portwood
Photo by Sharyn Jackson for WNYC
The trial has ended in the cyber-bullying case of 20-year-old former Rutgers student Dharun Ravi, who was accused of spying and intimidating his roommate, Tyler Clementi. He was found guilty on charges of invasion of privacy, but jurors found him not guilty on several charges of bias intimidation.
As WNYC reports, Ravi "could face 10 years in prison when he's sentenced. He shook his head slightly after the verdicts were read."
Sentencing has been scheduled for May 21.
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- Power 50
- COMING UP FAST: The Next 8 on the Power List Radar
- WATCH: Josh Homme, Nick Swardson Are ‘Disappointing Gays’
- NYTimes Exec Editor Jill Abramson on Tattoos, Anita Hill & Nate Silver
- The 10 Gayest Movies Ever Made!
- First Look At Neflix's Orange Is The New Black Season 2