Dharun Ravi Found Guilty of Some Counts in Rutgers Cyber-bullying Trial
By Jerry Portwood
Photo by Sharyn Jackson for WNYC
The trial has ended in the cyber-bullying case of 20-year-old former Rutgers student Dharun Ravi, who was accused of spying and intimidating his roommate, Tyler Clementi. He was found guilty on charges of invasion of privacy, but jurors found him not guilty on several charges of bias intimidation.
As WNYC reports, Ravi "could face 10 years in prison when he's sentenced. He shook his head slightly after the verdicts were read."
Sentencing has been scheduled for May 21.
READER COMMENTS (
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- A Shirtless Michael J. Willett Performs Stripped Down Cover of Natasha Bedingfield
- 19th Annual Out100