Dharun Ravi Found Guilty of Some Counts in Rutgers Cyber-bullying Trial
By Jerry Portwood
Photo by Sharyn Jackson for WNYC
The trial has ended in the cyber-bullying case of 20-year-old former Rutgers student Dharun Ravi, who was accused of spying and intimidating his roommate, Tyler Clementi. He was found guilty on charges of invasion of privacy, but jurors found him not guilty on several charges of bias intimidation.
As WNYC reports, Ravi "could face 10 years in prison when he's sentenced. He shook his head slightly after the verdicts were read."
Sentencing has been scheduled for May 21.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- 17th Annual Out100