Mary Cheney Marries
By Peter Frost
The summer of high-profile lesbian weddings continues! And this weekend, was a proud weekend for some, indeed! Mary Cheney, daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, married her partner of 20 years, Heather Poe, this past weekend. The couple, who live in Virginia and have two children together, exchanged vows in a ceremony in nearby Washington.
“Mary and Heather have been in a committed relationship for many years, and we are delighted that they were able to take advantage of the opportunity to have that relationship recognized,” said the Cheney family in a public statement.
Mary Cheney also took to her Facebook to celebrate the news, saying, “Very happy to announce that as of this morning, Heather and I are legally married (at least in DC). 20 years to the day after our first date.”
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Have 30 Minutes to Watch a Lana Del Rey's Short Film?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad