Mary Cheney Marries
By Peter Frost
The summer of high-profile lesbian weddings continues! And this weekend, was a proud weekend for some, indeed! Mary Cheney, daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, married her partner of 20 years, Heather Poe, this past weekend. The couple, who live in Virginia and have two children together, exchanged vows in a ceremony in nearby Washington.
“Mary and Heather have been in a committed relationship for many years, and we are delighted that they were able to take advantage of the opportunity to have that relationship recognized,” said the Cheney family in a public statement.
Mary Cheney also took to her Facebook to celebrate the news, saying, “Very happy to announce that as of this morning, Heather and I are legally married (at least in DC). 20 years to the day after our first date.”
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film