Out100: Jinkx Monsoon
By Out.com Editors
Photography by Danielle Levitt
Drag queens, especially those featured on RuPaul’s Drag Race, can get a bad rap as divas with few social graces. So when Monsoon refers to herself as “a gorgeous anachronism,” she means she has actual talent and good manners. Probably the only narcoleptic Jewish drag queen from Seattle you’ll ever meet, she turned her win on this season of the reality show into a successful New York City cabaret gig, The Vaudevillians, which has attracted celebrity guests like Joan Rivers and earned several extensions. We think we’ll be seeing this triple threat with a heart of gold on stages for a long time to come.
Photographed at Brooklyn Farmacy & Soda Fountain in Brooklyn, N.Y., on July 23, 2013
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- Watch the Latest Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of 'The Normal Heart'
- NBA Legend Isiah Thomas’s Son Is An Openly Gay DJ & Other Wild Scenes From The Nightlife
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet