Out100: Matthew Wilkas
By Out.com Editors
Photography by M. Sharkey
Wilkas spent most of his evenings this year on stage playing Flash Thompson in the epic Broadway musical Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark (he also served as an understudy for Peter Parker/Spider-Man). But it was his beguiling, aw-shucks, all-too-relatable performance in Jonathan Lisecki’s festival favorite, Gayby, in which he starred as a heartbroken gay comic book artist who agrees to conceive a child with his best hetero girlfriend, that left us decidedly smitten. Our Spidey sense tells us we’ll be hearing a lot more from Wilkas in the months to come.
Photographed at Sun Studios in New York City on September 21, 2012
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Have 30 Minutes to Watch a Lana Del Rey's Short Film?
- WATCH: Chris Lilley Teases New 'Summer Heights High' Spin-Off
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad