Out100: Rafael de Cardenas
By Out.com Editors
Photography by M. Sharkey
After starting his career in the ’90s as a collection designer for Calvin Klein, Cárdenas made the switch to architecture a little more than a decade ago and—with his work on a number of high-profile projects for companies like BMW and HBO -- has become a sought-after, multidisciplinary tastemaker. Just this past year, he launched his own furniture line, oversaw installations and interiors at his firm, Architecture at Large, and designed Jeffrey Chodorow’s new Manhattan restaurant, Kutsher’s.
Photographed at Sun Studios in New York City on September 18, 2012 / Bricks courtesy of LEGO ®
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Who Cares About Islan Nettles?
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models