Protests To Take Place Today Outside Your Local Russian Consulate
By Alex Panisch
The activist group All Out, a NGO who’s mission is to bring LGBT equality across the globe, has organized protests outside Russian embassies and consulates in major cities across the globe. “Speak Out For Russia,” the name of the world-wide event, is intended to put pressure on leaders attending the G20 Summit next week to cajole Putin into repealing his anti-gay propaganda laws, which have been linked to a spike in anti-gay violence in Russia.
The G20 Summit is in Saint Petersburg this year and the heads of state of the world’s 20 largest economies will converge in the Russian city to discuss economic issues. British Prime Minister, David Cameron has said that he will bring up the homophobic laws with Putin when he attends the summit. The Speak Out protest in London drew a crowd of thousands earlier today.
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Looking Sneak Peek: The Finale