Daily Crush: Penhaligon's Vaara
By Julien Sauvalle
Penhaligon's have been the official perfume suppliers to the Queen of England since the Victorian era. Naturally, they excel at creating subtle yet powerful scents fit for a king. Nose Bertrand Duchaufour was inspired by a recent trip to Jodhpur to compose Vaara, a fresh aromatic scent for men and women. The dominance of soft florals -- rose, freesia, magnolia, peony, iris -- on a base of white musk and sandalwood makes it particularly compelling on a man, its clean and complex scent evoking the purity and opulence of Indian palaces.
Vaara by Penhaligon's, $125, 1.7oz, at Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Decorate Your Christmas Tree With Shirtless Mermen Ornaments
- Guy-on-Guy Action
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It
- Nashville's Chris Carmack on Playing Gay Country Singer Will Lexington