By Out.com Editors
THE LOST TREASURE
Q Lazzarus’s “Goodbye Horses”
You know it as the soundtrack to Buffalo Bill’s infamous “mangina dance” in Silence of the Lambs. But in July, Q Lazzarus’s haunting 1988 song “Goodbye Horses” will be available as a 12-inch single for the first time in decades, thanks to Mon Amie Records. The B-side: a soulful cover of the track by Hayden Thorpe of Wild Beasts and Jon Hopkins. The label’s Mona Dehghan hopes the release will encourage the reclusive Q to resurface. “I can’t find any information on her whereabouts,” she says. “The whole thing seems pretty sad and mysterious to me.”
THE BOX SETS
Sly and the Family Stone; Future Bible Heroes
Looking for funky? Try Higher! (Legacy, $59.98), a four-disc, 77-track compilation of Sly and the Family Stone’s greatest hits and previously unreleased tracks. Want quirky? Go for Future Bible Heroes’ Memories of Love, Eternal Youth, and Partygoing (Merge, $25.98), which collects all the albums, EPs, and rarities from Magnetic Fields frontman Stephin Merritt’s electro-pop side project.
V-MODA’s Crossfade M-100
This excellent headset not only offers well-balanced sound, it also comes in three different stylish shades. $310, V-Moda.com
As the past five years have proven, San Francisco’s Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival has become one of the best live music experiences. This summer’s event boasts performances from Phoenix, Grizzly Bear, Jessie Ware, Emeli Sandé, and Hall & Oates -- plus quality food and wine.
August 9–11, SFOutsideLands.com
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'