'XY' and V
By Julien Sauvalle
Boys, here's something to warm you up for Spring! Entire back issues of the youth-oriented gay magazine XY have been uploaded on VFiles, the fashion archive/social media platform launched last year.
For many budding gay men, the thrill of flicking through XY's pages, filled with half-naked twinks and witty commentary, was an awakening to gay culture. The magazine started in San Francisco in 1996, garnering a following of young (and sometimes underage) readers until it ceased publication in 2008 due to a lack of investors. By that time, XY had over 100,000 print subscribers and 1,000,000 members on its website.
The editor of XY, Peter Ian Cummings, has recently partnered with Savas Abadsidis, former editor of Abercrombie & Fitch's A&F Quarterly, to start a new magazine entitled B Magazine aimed at the 18-35 demographic.
Until you can get your hands on B, enjoy browsing the XY archive here. See, no need to hide under the covers any more!
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne