Back to School This Way: Lady Gaga Teams Up with....Office Depot?
By Out.com Editors
Lady Gaga and Office Depot make strange bedfellows, wouldn't you say? Though nothing really surprises us when it comes to Gaga—be it sleeping in a giant bottle of her own perfume or smoking weed onstage during a concert—so this partnership isn't so shocking per se. In fact, a scratch beneath the surface shows that this make total sense...see, Office Depot has pledged to donate at least $1 million to the performer's Born This Way Foundation, which aims to encourage today's youth to feel confident about their indivuality and discourage bullying. Mother Monster has partnered with the company to create a series of limited-edition products, and while there's a guaranteed million in the bag, the more people buy, the more money flows to the foundation as Office Depot is donating 25% of sales from the Gaga-approved swag, which includes a Post-Its, Sharpies, and friendship bracelets. So, if you're headed back to school or back to work or just trying to organize the mess that is your life, think about picking up the goods and doing something good with your money...for once. And if this sounds like some marketing push, well, just know that OD has already come under fire for supporting the cause, and we all remember those assholes at Chic-fil-a, right?
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- The 10 Gayest Movies Ever Made!