Lesbians Are So In Right Now, Says Style.com
By Alex Panisch
Condé Nast's digital style guide, Style.com, writes that this season girl-on-girl all the rage, proving that anything can be a trend. According to the website, the fashion press on both sides of the pond are focusing on ladies who love ladies, citing news that two New York models ditched their hetero relationships to cavort with other members of the fairer sex. British Vogue even weighed in as did UK-based gossip rag, Tatler, with a feature on London’s “loveliest lesbians.” Style.com guesses that now that it’s a-O.K. to be gay on the runway (how's that for poetry?), perhaps there will be a bit more fraternization among the ranks. Then things take a turn for the stereotypical: Purple fashion editor, Mel Ottenberg, says “I think when you see girls running around in Air Jordans and baseball caps, then yeah, something’s moved.” Air Jordans and baseball caps? I thought the de-facto lesbo uniform was still Birkenstocks and an Indigo Girls concert tee. I must have missed the memo.
Photo courtesy of Tumblr
- My 10 Most Shocking Memories of Michael Alig
- EXCLUSIVE: Matt Bomer Explains How The Normal Heart Changed His Life
- Angel Haze: ‘Some Rappers Are Gay. Get Over It.’
- Beyoncé Liberated
- LISTEN: Britney Spears and Sia Do Acoustic "Passenger"
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- The Men Who Want AIDS—and How It Improved Their Lives