Lesbians Are So In Right Now, Says Style.com
By Alex Panisch
Condé Nast's digital style guide, Style.com, writes that this season girl-on-girl all the rage, proving that anything can be a trend. According to the website, the fashion press on both sides of the pond are focusing on ladies who love ladies, citing news that two New York models ditched their hetero relationships to cavort with other members of the fairer sex. British Vogue even weighed in as did UK-based gossip rag, Tatler, with a feature on London’s “loveliest lesbians.” Style.com guesses that now that it’s a-O.K. to be gay on the runway (how's that for poetry?), perhaps there will be a bit more fraternization among the ranks. Then things take a turn for the stereotypical: Purple fashion editor, Mel Ottenberg, says “I think when you see girls running around in Air Jordans and baseball caps, then yeah, something’s moved.” Air Jordans and baseball caps? I thought the de-facto lesbo uniform was still Birkenstocks and an Indigo Girls concert tee. I must have missed the memo.
Photo courtesy of Tumblr
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- Sam Champion Receives Emotional Good Morning America Send-Off
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- 19th Annual Out100