Five Crazy Hats to Wear in Honor of the Kentucky Derby
By Out.com Editors
Traditionally, the Kentucky Derby—which takes place this today and tomorrow—is a time to leisurely place gentlemanly bets on horse races, sip tasty Mint Juleps, and display a dapper ensemble that calls to mind the classic, genteel Southern charms of yore. For ladies, it's also an excuse to wear a hulking, embellished, and ridiculous chapeau—but why should the girls have all the fun? A quick look at the spring 2012 runways shows that there was a plethora of outlandish acts of millinery begging to top of an otherwise pedestrian outfit. Here, we feature just a few of the options—from a regal jeweled crown to a gypsyfied baseball cap—available to men who'd like to prove that their own sartorial savvy can easily eclipse the glamour of a wide-brimmed socialite's topsy-turvy topper.
Above, from left: Comme des Garçons, spring 2012; Duckie Brown, fall 2012; Thom Browne, spring 2012.
Below, from left: John Galliano, spring 2012; Kokon to Zai, spring 2012, available at FarFetch.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'
- The 10 Gayest Movies Ever Made!