Five Crazy Hats to Wear in Honor of the Kentucky Derby
By Out.com Editors
Traditionally, the Kentucky Derby—which takes place this today and tomorrow—is a time to leisurely place gentlemanly bets on horse races, sip tasty Mint Juleps, and display a dapper ensemble that calls to mind the classic, genteel Southern charms of yore. For ladies, it's also an excuse to wear a hulking, embellished, and ridiculous chapeau—but why should the girls have all the fun? A quick look at the spring 2012 runways shows that there was a plethora of outlandish acts of millinery begging to top of an otherwise pedestrian outfit. Here, we feature just a few of the options—from a regal jeweled crown to a gypsyfied baseball cap—available to men who'd like to prove that their own sartorial savvy can easily eclipse the glamour of a wide-brimmed socialite's topsy-turvy topper.
Above, from left: Comme des Garçons, spring 2012; Duckie Brown, fall 2012; Thom Browne, spring 2012.
Below, from left: John Galliano, spring 2012; Kokon to Zai, spring 2012, available at FarFetch.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- 17th Annual Out100
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series