Joseph Altuzarra Wins CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund
By Max Berlinger
Last night, womenswear designer Joseph Altuzarra was named the winner of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Award. Now in its eighth year, the Fund—the product of the combined forces of the Council of Fashion Designers of America and Vogue magazine, duh—nominates a selection of emerging design talents, examines their work, and ultimately chooses one lucky winner (and two almost-as-lucky runner-ups) to receive a cash prize and mentorship from an industry veteran to help grow their business. We've had our eye on Altuzarra since last year when we chose him as one of our 2010 Tastemakers of the Year and he won the Out100 Vanguard Award. Congrats!
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower