By Max Berlinger
Ossendrijver eyes the street for inspiration, studying stylish Frenchmen and how they assemble their outfits, and builds upon that foundation with collections that meld athleticism with classicism: Double-breasted blazers are paired with silk-chiffon track pants; lightweight suits decked with grosgrain pipings feature raw-cut, frayed edges; and his sporty sneakers have proven to be a coveted commodity, seen on everyone from David Beckham to Usher. And while the clothing and accessories are steeped in luxe details, their swagger is grounded in a subtlety that sidesteps the trademark showboating preferred by other labels. Perhaps Kanye West put it best when in his song “Illest Motherfucker Alive” he name-dropped a “Lanvin thousand-dollar tee with no logos.”
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- Power 50
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- NYTimes Exec Editor Jill Abramson on Tattoos, Anita Hill & Nate Silver
- COMING UP FAST: The Next 8 on the Power List Radar
- Elizabeth Banks Reveals Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson are Graduating in 'Pitch Perfect 2'
- The 10 Gayest Movies Ever Made!