Lena Dunham Instagrams Cover To Upcoming Book
By Alex Panisch
1. Girls star, Lena Dunham revealed the cover of her book via Instragram. Her book is a collection of essays, titled Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's Learned, and comes out October 17, 2014.
2. Nigeria’s Islamic police, or Hisbah, have begun hunting gay men. According to the BBC, the Hisbah have been conducting sting operations and using deception to find gays. A new law calls for prision terms of up to 14 years for gay men. The New York Times also investigated the grisly situation in the Shariah controlled northern region of the country. In a statement, the United Nations high commissioner for human rights, Navi Pillay, said: “Rarely have I seen a piece of legislation that in so few paragraphs directly violates so many basic, universal human rights.”
3. Vice UK Editor-in-Chief, Alex Miller, asks if showing solidarity for the LGBTQ community in Russia is enough or even good. In an article published today, Miller wonders if people feel that they’ve “done their bit” by simply changing a twitter profile picture. What are your thoughts; is solidarity enough?
4. Speaking of solidarity for the LGBTQ community in Russia, the UK's Channel 4 has been running these ads showing support and solidarity for the community durring their Olympics broadcast.
5. If you think your job sucks, just be thankful you’re not this guy.
6. Tegan and Sara’s collaboration with The Lonely Island for The Lego Movie is what I imagine the soundtrack would be for a Super Mario Bros. game in which, instead of getting stars and mushrooms, you got blow and MDMA. Check out the VERY up-tempo track below: