WATCH: Rapper LastO Releases His Debut Video
By Mikelle Street
Keep rapper LastO on your radar in 2014! The openly-gay artist has just released his debut video, "Pour a 40," a creepy short film with nods to Dexter and Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho.
"I knew what the video would look like if any other artist had done the song," LastO said, "so I was very adamant about doing something else."
That "something else" sees the New York-based rapper going the serial killer route, replete with a hefty blade and a bit of pseudo-gore.
With plans on dropping a few more videos as 2014 progresses (both from his sophomore album Where's Vivian? and from side projects), LastO enlisted director Michael Chow, model Brian Nieh, and fellow rap artists Twizza and Sony Cobain for his first-ever solo video.
Sporting everything from a butcher's apron to a jumpsuit, the rapper counts the opening sequence as his favorite part of the project: "Once again I tip my hat to Mike for pulling off the Facetime phone sequence [with Twizza] at the beginning for the intro," he commented. "I asked him if that was something he could do and, low and behold, he did it."
Watch the video below:
Get LastO's acclaimed new album Where's Vivian? on iTunes now.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models