CHVRCHES Releases PSA Video For World AIDS Day
By Out.com Editors
Lifebeat kicks off #MusicFightsAIDS today, Nov. 29, with a nationwide campaign aimed at raising awareness of the sharp increase in HIV among young people. Musicians including CHVRCHES (wich Out called pop music's "latter-day saints"), Carl Cox, and 3LAU will encourage fans to support the message and Viacom and Walgreens will display messages in support of #MusicFightsAIDS on nine jumbo screens in the heart of New York City (which reach more nearly 2 million people every day).
As the CDC reports, over 1,000 young people ages 13-24 are newly infected with HIV each month in the U.S. alone, an increase of nearly 20% from previous reports. Even more troubling is that an estimated 60% of young people with HIV have never been tested, are not being treated, and may unknowingly be spreading the disease.
"We support Lifebeat and its goals of raising awareness, promoting safe sex and reducing the stigma surrounding HIV / AIDS," said CHVRCHES. "HIV and AIDS is on the rise among 13-24 year olds, with 2,600 young people infected everyday worldwide."
Watch the PSA video below:
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Looking Sneak Peek: The Finale
- Gay Fashion - Hot Male Models, Gay Style & Trends
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection