Sondheim To Streep: “Don’t F@#K It Up”
By Alex Panisch
1. Stephen Sondheim gave Meryl Streep some time-honored acting advice: “Don’t fuck it up.” Ms. Streep had just finished shooting Into The Woods, the film adaptation of the famed Sondheim musical, and told Extra that the master composer himself had written an entirely new song for her character, The Witch, and wrote—possibly quoting RuPaul herself— “Don’t fuck it up” on the manuscript. We are confident that Ms. Streep werked it out.
2. English indie rock band The xx have released a statement responding to their music being used in a Croatian anti-gay marriage ad. The NME reports that the trio, whose singer-guitarist Romy Madley Croft is a lesbian, have said that they “unconditionally” support marriage equality. The statement, posted on the band’s Facebook page reads: “It has come to our attention that our music has been used without our permission in a promotional advert by the Croatian organisation ‘U ime obitelji’. We wish to state that we didn't, and would never, approve the use of our music by this organisation. To be clear, we unconditionally support the equal right to marriage regardless of sexuality. xx The xx”
3. Alec Baldwin blames the “fundamentalist wing of gay advocacy” for getting his MSNBC show canceled—and not the fact that nobody watched it.
[h/t Atlantic Wire]
5. Former Italian Prime Minister, Silvio Berlusconi has been stripped of his Senate seat. NPR reports that now Berlusconi may actually face jail time for his crimes. Berlusconi has been convicted of tax fraud and soliciting an underaged prostitute.
6. As you gear up to travel for Thanksgiving, please remember to be courteous to your fellow travelers and not be the worst person on the plane. Just don't do any of this: