Lee Daniels Honored With Outfest Legacy Award
By Out.com Editors
Photo credit: Michael Kovac / Getty Images for Louis XIII
Last night, LOUIS XIII toasted Director Lee Daniels at an intimate Outfest Legacy Awards Reception that took place at the Los Angeles home of Grammy award-winning composer Mervyn Warren. Daniels, named Artist of the Year in this year's Out100, attended with his boyfriend Andy Sforzini.
Actors Raven Symone and Darryl Stephens were in attendance, along with Outfest Director Kirsten Schaffer (another Out100 honoree) and other board members. At the reception, Lee Daniels shared his appreciation to Outfest for honoring him with the Outfest Legacy Award, which he will receive later this week at an awards ceremony.
Yves De Launay, Vice President of Prestige Brands at Rémy Cointreau USA, toasted Daniels with LOUIS XIII, the world’s finest cognac, and the director was also also gifted his own personalized bottle. “I put this in [The Butler] and I loved it!” Daniels said.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The 8th Annual Power 50