Lee Daniels Honored With Outfest Legacy Award
By Out.com Editors
Photo credit: Michael Kovac / Getty Images for Louis XIII
Last night, LOUIS XIII toasted Director Lee Daniels at an intimate Outfest Legacy Awards Reception that took place at the Los Angeles home of Grammy award-winning composer Mervyn Warren. Daniels, named Artist of the Year in this year's Out100, attended with his boyfriend Andy Sforzini.
Actors Raven Symone and Darryl Stephens were in attendance, along with Outfest Director Kirsten Schaffer (another Out100 honoree) and other board members. At the reception, Lee Daniels shared his appreciation to Outfest for honoring him with the Outfest Legacy Award, which he will receive later this week at an awards ceremony.
Yves De Launay, Vice President of Prestige Brands at Rémy Cointreau USA, toasted Daniels with LOUIS XIII, the world’s finest cognac, and the director was also also gifted his own personalized bottle. “I put this in [The Butler] and I loved it!” Daniels said.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Out Magazine - Gay & Lesbian Travel, Fashion, Culture & Politics