Miley Smoked A Joint On Stage
By Alex Panisch
1. Miley Cyrus’ cry for attention reached its inevitable conclusion last night at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Amsterdam. According to the New York Daily News, after twerking with a little person during a performance of “Can’t Stop”—cause that pony’s got just two tricks: twerking and objectifying minorities to seem “edgy”—she would later accept her Best Video Award for “Wrecking Ball” and then light up what appeared to be a joint. Miley, I’m going to ask you to take seat and evaluate your behavior over the past year, and please don’t twerk your way to your chair. If you want to see all this in action Mediaite has the videos.
2. In other “unnecessary stage gimmicks by pop stars” news, Lady Gaga wore a flying dress at her ARTPOP launch party. The NME reports that during her performance at her “artRave” party in New York, the singer was lifted several feet above the stage. It’s pretty alright but hopefully this is progress on the road to jetpacks for everyone.
3. Ronan Farrow may be the most eligible bi bachelor in New York City. The son of actress Mia Farrow and either Frank Sinatra or Woody Allen, the 25-year-old strapping young gent graduated Yale Law School at 21, won the Rhodes scholarship, worked closely with Hilary Clinton in Pakistan and Afghanistan, and is going to host a show on MSNBC. The best news is, that he may be bisexual. The New York Post and Vice both posit that the young Farrow swings both ways.
4. Mariah Carey’s got a new single out. “The Art of Letting Go,” the eponemoy track off her 14th studio album, is produced by Rodey Jerkins and the lyrics are by Ms. Carey herself. No word yet on the album’s release date, but you can get the track on iTunes.
5.The Advocate reports that Donald Trump says he is "evolving" on LGBT rights. Now maybe he'll evolve into something that's not sub-human.
6. Much has been made about the sex scenes in Blue Is the Warmest Colour, the romantic drama about a lesbian sexual awakening. The Palme d’Or winner at this year’s Cannes Film Festival has been given an NC-17 rating for the graphic lesbian sex scenes. Now real life lesbians are reacting to the film. Best reaction: “it started to feel like an infomercial for a kitchen product.”
Check out the video below:
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- Power 50
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- NYTimes Exec Editor Jill Abramson on Tattoos, Anita Hill & Nate Silver
- COMING UP FAST: The Next 8 on the Power List Radar
- Elizabeth Banks Reveals Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson are Graduating in 'Pitch Perfect 2'
- The 10 Gayest Movies Ever Made!