Lee Daniels Wants to Make a Gay Action Hero Movie
By Out.com Editors
Photo via LeeDanielsEntertainment.com
Director Lee Daniels always has an interesting eye for casting (thanks to him, we saw a grownup Zac Efron in The Paperboy). Now it looks like he's tapped Alex Pettyfer (Magic Mike) to be his new muse, saying he will star as one-half of a gay interracial action hero couple in a new feature film project Daniels has in development.
Lee Daniels' The Butler Mr. and Mrs. Smith
He went on to reveal that, "Alex Pettyfer is in it, [but] I have to find the right black guy opposite him. He's so hot, isn't he? So hot. And so aware of his hotness in a way that's so…I love him to death."
We're also still curious for more details surrounding the fact that FOX picked up Lee Daniels' and Danny Strong’s unnamed “Hip-Hop Drama” to develop into a network series. We were excited by the fact that the team pair behind Lee Daniels' The Butler would be bringing a story that hadn't been told to people's homes around the country. Described as a “unique family drama set in the world of a hip-hop empire,” we expect to see a slew of high-profile names cast in unusual roles.
In the meantime, Mr. Daniels, can we suggest Idris Elba be cast as that hot black guy to be Alex Pettyfer's Mr. Smith?
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Actor Brandon Tyler Harris explains the importance of Sal Bardo's Pink Moon
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film